"We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse."

Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quest for Fire

Over a year ago, I was interested in making a penny stove. It is light, portable and extremely efficient in fuel usage. I scoured my "youtube university" and found many versions of the popcan stove alias penny stove. I had polished the can with such vigor that I could see my reflection on the surface. The one I made looked a bit more like a flying UFO.

The portability of the stove would make it a 'no brainer' for cyclist, hikers and just the typical weekend warrior. Some people have vowed that they have traveled Europe and over week long backpacking trips with this little portable gem. I haven't tried that yet...but it was still a great invention and fun to make!

It would only take a couple tablespoons of fuel to make tea for two. People have cooked full meals with this stove. I pulled out the stove tonight and set it a blazed! Works like a charm! I totally forgot about it until today!

Here is the website where I got these pics and made my stove:
http://ygingras.net/b/2007/6/a-better-soda-can-stove




A Classic song...the video is not really eye candy so if you choose just close your eyes and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flOvM4Z355A



No comments:

Post a Comment