"We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse."

Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Wisdom of Yoda


Sometimes I'm really not sure where my inspiration comes from? Movies, characters, books? Tonight, it was from a little green man who sounds like Grover and looks like Mr. Mayagi from The Karate Kid. I found myself peppering my presentation with quotes from a Star Wars character (totally unplanned).  The quotes were fitting and my Yoda imitations drew a hearty laugh from the crowd. 

"Do or do not; there is no try."
 
"Named must your fear be before banish it you can."

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Lately, I've found myself in a state of flux and I turn to Yoda for some Jedi wisdom. Ah, if name the fear I only could...mmm.....













No comments:

Post a Comment