"We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse."

Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Spiderman and other Tales

Rock on...
Over 15 years ago, I started rock climbing, I took the courses, learned the knots....and loved it! Climbing is a physical and mental challenge, it taps into your strength, endurance, agility and balance.  Then work took over, and it was all about indoor climbing from then on.  I forgot all about outdoor climbing until a weekend in Jasper.

WOW, it was MAGNIFICIENT! I remember when I first started climbing it felt like re-experiencing what toddlers must experience when they crawl around. You just become so tuned into the surfaces and subtle pockets and holds that seem invisible just a foot away is suddenly so clear and obvious! Stick! Go!

Climbing challenges you to make decisions, to plunge ahead and dynamo! It's a good training ground to expand your horizons and try new things! I've been on a new adventure!




Spiderman School
My little nephew has always been a climber. He used to hang off of the pedestal sink in the bathroom when he was just learning to stand and he instantly gravitates to jungle gyms. Lately, he's been focused on going to Spiderman school which my sister promised him when he became a 'big boy!' Well, he's wearing his big boy pants now and R and I will probably take him out when he's older.

Right now he has absolutely no fear! I asked him on the weekend what he needed for spiderman school and in his cute little voice he said, "a suit and a mask!" Then I added, " I think you'll need a harness and a helmet too!" He said I don't need a "hell-mitt, that's for bikin'" I smiled and can't wait to take him out....first, I have to find a full body harness for my little superhero!


Free Falling always reminds me of rock climbing because I went to a climbing tournament and this was one of the songs they played over and over.....





No comments:

Post a Comment