"We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse."

Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Surfing for your Soul

When I was flying back a few weeks back I caught 'Soul Surfer' on the plane. I had wanted to see this flick but not one wanted to see it with me. They said, 'girl surfer goes surfing, loses arm to shark, gets back on board, surfs again....don't need to go see it!" Anyhow, I did enjoy it and it was the start of a surfing movie marathon!

I just saw 'Northshore' and even though it's a bit dated (1987), the story line weak, it features some of the best surfers. Okay, I admit, it was full of cheese!!

I chuckled at the surfer neon gear but loved the idea of making a board and learning to surf. I'm totally amped about the art and the design of boards. It also made mention of understanding or reading a wave, (part science, part art) which is also in a book I'm reading called 'The Wave' by Susan Casey.



Another film I saw again was 'Blue Crush'...LOVED this film! It was GREAT!

Here is a link for some surfology!

http://www.zoozoo2.com/surfology.html

Surfer movies....aaahhhhh!



Here's 'Surf City' with a Flintstone clip. I used to rush home at lunch just to watch the Flintstones and back to school...those were the days!








No comments:

Post a Comment