"We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse."

Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Are you an Outlier?



Future Outlier?
I joke with my friends all the time about our
levels of intelligence or lack of and how smart we are or our undeniable lifetime memberships in Mensa! Yup, that's me, the practicable joker.

In fact, I don't believe that every level of intelligence is measurable nor do I believe that the smartest people in the world will have the most success or happiness.

In the last few weeks, I've discovered the joys of audio books. Wow...where have they been all this time? I can 'read' a book and do things around the house! Bonus!

I first 'read' the "4-Hour Body"by Tim Ferris. http://www.fourhourbody.com/
Interesting information about fitness, science and health. There are some good points in there for those of you looking at the slow carb diet. A lot of the information I knew about before, but it's always good to get a refresher course.

Now I've been 'reading,' 'Outliers: The Story of Success' by Malcolm Gladwell. I've been meaning to get around to this book for a few years now. It's captivating! I like the analogies and historical research intertwined with personal stories.

We may not be outliers, but we could always strive for 'outlier' status and there is no time like the present to start on those 10,000 hours!!

It's a new year a great way to start fresh! Last year, I spent some time down sizing. I will do the same in the new few weeks.

"Out of cluster, find simplicity." -Albert Einstein



A friend of mine used to play classical music on piano. My Mom also plays classical piano. Lately, I've been back listening to classical music which I really enjoyed in university.

I always knew it was good for you but then I found this website that compared other music tastes to SAT scores.

Check out this website:



No comments:

Post a Comment