"We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse."

Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Friday, December 23, 2011

Eat Drink and be Merry!

Stainless Steel Dessert Spoons
I was never born with a silver spoon in my mouth or I guess in my case a pair of silver chopsticks. Each year, there are approximately 3.8 million trees that are used to manufacture of about 57 billion disposable pairs of chopsticks in China, according to statistics from that nation’s national forest bureau. Yikes that's a lot of trees!

On my last trip away, I followed the lead of a friend and bought myself a pair of portable stainless steel chopsticks for all the sushi I love to eat!

Many of my friends enjoy food....they are self defined foodies and I myself enjoy delicious food especially in the company of my friends!


Food plus the love of food was the inspiration for these stainless steel dessert spoons that I created over the holidays. Each spoon is hand stamped with the word 'love' in a different languages.

No matter what the language it is in ....or what the dessert will be, it's all to be enjoyed!

Do the earth a favor an in the new year bring your own chopsticks when you go out for Asian cuisine!

Liu Xiaohang, Greenpeace





Students in Beijing assemble a “disposable forest” to highlight the deforestation issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment