"We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse."

Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Gleeky

Modern Fame
I've always grown up with music around me. The radio was always on in the kitchen. I remember when I was young my parents had a old reel to reel. It wasn't until many years later that I realized how 'cool' it was to have one of those! Lately, I've started watching 'Glee' so I guess I'm a gleek!

I've been known to sing songs to my own versions, yes, sometimes with no sense whatsoever! Especially in my car....alone. But I've discovered I'm not the only one who 'rewrites' tunes.

Do you recognize these songs? Got any others?

"Beat it! Beat it! No one wants to feed the fetus!"
 
"Killing me softly with his thong..."

Let's pee in the corner, Let's pee in the spotlight.
 
Who can forgot the inspirational national anthem for this year!

Oh Canada, we stand on cars and freeze...

I used to think that Sting's song was about the fields of Bali...

I've been playing my guitar again lately and was even thinking of selling it and getting another one. It needs a little work but sounds GREAT! After some research on my vintage Yamaha....I thought I better keep it! It's a priceless piece that others want their hands on! So now I'm calling myself a certified 'Yammie!'

Here's a new tune I'm working on. Sting does it justice:

No comments:

Post a Comment