"We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse."

Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Friday, April 22, 2011

Twist from the wrist, from the wrist you must twist!

We are a week away from the most extravagant wedding since Princess Diana and Prince Charles almost 30 years ago. I have to admit I'm a bit of a sucker for royalty and things related to it. I don't need to follow every minute detail but I do like to follow significant events. Despite crisis, mockery and ridicule, the royal family continues to endure and survive with so much elegance and poise. I do admire their tenacity and integrity. We all have our own struggles no matter who we are and where we live.

I think in the last month I've watched three movies that are 'royal' in nature. The academy nominated 'The King's Speech,' was so well done! I'm glad that Colin Firth won the Oscar and many other accolades for his portrayal of King George VI. Then there was also Helen Mirren's flawless performance as Queen Elizabeth II  in "The Queen." The other film I saw was 'Elizabeth' with Cate Blanchett. Extraordinary!

Will you be up at 3 am to catch the broadcast of Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding? I probably won't but I will enjoy to see it. They look like an awesome couple together and I wish them all the blessings from afar!

I will live vicariously through the glut of royal wedding coverage in the following week. So practice your 'royal wave,' from the wrist as Tracey Ullman points out and put on that tiara on April 29th, 2011!

Here is a what we might be expecting from the wedding:  <this makes me smile!> Keep cupping the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment