"We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse."

Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Neo and Marg

Yummy!
A couple years back i was hooked on thin crust pizzas made in wood burning ovens. I had enjoyed them in Italy and Peru and wanted to recreate that delectable treat in my home oven. It was disappointing only to find that my home oven probably wasn't hot enough.

I even searched online for solutions to disconnect the thermometer of the electric stove so I could get the 'right' temperature for the perfect pie!

There was a NY pizza pie fanatic who posted step by step instructions on his blog. It was a bit extreme and for obvious reasons I didn't do it.




Then there was the fleeting thought of building a cob oven! A friend of mine is a chef and he seems to like it! It looked easy enough....but where would I put it? and what would the neighbors think?

Maybe when I live on my 'hobby farm' or the 'beach house' on the ocean...yes, that's when I'll build one.

Cob Oven
http://blog.sustainablog.org/2010/03/how-to-build-your-own-cheap-outdoor-pizza-oven/


Sure there are numerous places I could go and enjoy pizza made in a wood burning oven, but it's not the same as making it yourself!

I use a super hot pizza stone by letting it heat up in my oven set to 550 degrees. Working quickly with the dough, the sauce and the toppings I slip the pie in the oven for about 5 minutes watching closely sitting next to my oven tv.

It's very satisfying to enjoy a homemade hot pizza pie from the oven!

http://www.instructables.com/id/Perfect-thin-crust-pizza-in-7-minutes-cook-time/


Simple ingredients, nothing fancy! That's amore!





No comments:

Post a Comment