"We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse."

Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Return to Salt Water City


Vibrant Fall at English Bay
It is surrounded by mountains, rainforests and the ocean and known many names. God's country, Metro Van, salt water city but in all it's a urban adventure full of discovery. It has been over two decades since I've lived there and yet it seems like only yesterday with my rediscovery of the city where my career started.

There were so many things to see and revisit, Gastown, Chinatown, Granville Island, English Bay....and Kits. Walking, biking, sailing... Every turn seemed like my memory banks were on overdrive!

I had very little when I first lived there and made even less, yet it was one of the BEST times in my life!
"The greatest inspiration is often born of desperation." - Comer Cotrell

I spent a lot of time on the beaches learning to play guitar. It was a great way to spend an evening and watch the sunset. Walking through my old stomping grounds I was elated and thrilled to be there again. My friend laughed at me as I hollered out memories like a person with uncontrollable turrets!

Negitoro-
Chopped albacore tuna belly, spring onions and toasted garlic bread
Go West...Magnetic West

Is it the air? The energy? The water? Great friends and family? Yes all of it - plus the food.

The food there was FANTASTIC! It is foodie's paradise! I remember how I fell in love with Sashimi and sushi when I first moved to Van and it grew from there.

We ate and walked and ate and walked. It was the best Van dining I've had in a long long time.

The steak breakfast was REALLY GOOD! Yummy!




This one is dedicated to my WEST END friend :o) Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment