"We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse."

Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Harvest Feast

Beetin' Buorsin Salad
Every year my friends and I get together to celebrate the beginning of fall and to share a meal together. Usually, the meals are from our summer gardens and we create these amazing dishes from our garden harvest.


This year my garden was meager in it's offerings and not as robust as years before, however, we did have a harvest dinner and some of my friends harvested from their gardens while others like myself, harvested from the local markets.

We had a number of offering from our friends. I'm taken the liberty to name some of these <friend you are certainly invited to rename your dish if you like ;o) >



Pina Salsa for the Chirozo & Roasted Chicken Quesadillas
Naranja Janga Salad


Conan the Bavarian Apple Torte
Put the Pinas on the Colada














Our meal was delish! We also had a skype in guest and a surprise visitor which was WONDERFUL!
How much I enjoy just eating and 'breakin' bread,' with my friends.

It's my version of 'Chuck's Day Off,' the show on FoodTV where this chef takes a day off to cook for his friends. My friends brought wonder dishes! Thanks friends! We will do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment