"We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse."

Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Easy Being Green

My Mom was recycling and reusing before I even knew what 'being green,' was all about. We used to try to be very cognizant with what we were using or if we were being wasteful. I know there is SO much more that I can do and everyone can to be more green in our lives.

Yummers!
I'm on another 'green' mission...this one is more so with health and fitness. The weather has cooled off and I find myself being more 'couch potato-ish' than active. It seems like I need to shake up my my habits and replace my eating/fitness routine with some new ones.

My Daily Green Drink
Spinach was always Popeye's elixir and I've found myself drinking a smoothie concoction myself everyday! It's my new food fitness trend. High in fiber, low calories and rich in vitamins!

In a blender, I mix a variation of ingredients. Sometimes I really mix it up, but usually it's either a leafy green, spinach or kale, with a fruit variety (pineapples, mango, orange, or apples), juice from either half a lemon or a lime and topped off with 2 TBSP of hemp seeds then it's either ice or almond milk. Options: I have added ginger root or cucumber, sometimes even a red pepper.


Here's a good link for some green drink ideas! http://healthygreendrink.com/

I find the drink filling, full of antioxidants and makes me feel fuller and more energetic! Really!


Cheers, here's my new fav morning beverage!




No comments:

Post a Comment