"We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse."

Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Muskox and Reindeer


The Siberian muskox and reindeer are both very extraordinary resilient creatures of the north. They are well-adapted and have been able to survive in the most extreme and harshest of conditions. Muskox tend to stay together and remain in the same place even in extreme snow storms. They huddle and stick together to weather out the storm. Reindeer on the other hand, will tend to flee and look for alternative shelter.

The last few days in our great white North has been a story of the of the muskox and the reindeer. How many of you ran for shelter? How did you do as a Muskox? I like to think of myself as a muskox...but sometimes I just prefer to run like a reindeer!

Incredibly, we have had more snow than I can ever remember! The last time snow fell like this it was 7 years ago! I felt like I was in a episode of 'Survivorman', foraging for whatever food I had left in the house and still trying to be creative in meal prep as I was snowed in.



I'm so cold like an ice cream cone!






Inventions and Inventors
I met a inventor recently and his enthusiasm for creativity was  contagious! I would probably say that this person could be someone who could end up on Dragon's Den or have a pocket full of patents in five to ten years! I often still think about creating and inventing something...that makes life better or easier for people. Over the weekend I started drawing and sketching again, I'll keep sketching....maybe I'll invent something one day!

Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.
- Confucius

Everything is just copacetic!

No comments:

Post a Comment