"We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse."

Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Whisper to a Scream

HTM.. HELL
It's been awhile since I've looked at HTML code but I wanted to personalize my blog up from the 'cookie cutter template' from blogger so I ventured into the world studying the foreign language and spent a little time familiarizing myself with HTML. I still have some tweaking to do with fonts and sizes and EVERYTHING....but its' actually been kinda fun! <certified geek>


ps. If any of you out there are experts I have a couple HTML questions for you!




Creativity through music...
A few weeks ago, I was at a party where this young man pulled out a guitar and started to play a beautiful rendition of the Beatles, "Blackbird."  I was so inspired, that when I got home that evening and said to myself I would 'work' on that song and learn how to play it in the new year. I've worked on it a couple of times and my rendition is slow...more like a lullaby....but I'll keep working on it. I might need this 'street musician 'skill' if my job falls through!

Speaking of blackbirds, what's with the 3000 black birds that fell out of the sky in Arkansas the other day and I just heard that another 450 fell out of the sky in Louisiana! They can't quite figure out what happened....they think it might have been the fireworks that scared the birds. Strange, I sure hope it didn't have anything with me learning that song...


I heard this question on the radio today:

Most people will lose half of these in 7-10 years? What is it?


The answer to my surprise was... friends. Their discussion talked about life changes and how people 'switch' out their friends due to life cycles and changes. I think back to my friends and friendships and maybe some of my friends have changed due to circumstance but over all I can honestly say that have a solid group of relationships that I count on for life and I'd be there for them too! I don't think the 7-10 year rule applies to me. :o)


1 comment:

  1. The other day I realized that it was seven years ago when you and Lois and Sarah pitched in to buy me lululemons for my birthday! And I still have them, in great shape! So there you go, stats: ppttthhhlththth

    ReplyDelete