"We are rich only through what we give, and poor only through what we refuse."

Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Smarter than you think...

How do salmon know their way home?
Is there a marked trail? Signs? What drives them to go against the stream to return to their place of birth three or four year later? It's by scent. Earlier this fall, I visited Goldstream Provincial Park on Vancouver Island where thousands of coho, salmon make their way through the goldstream river from October to December. I didn't see any fish that day, maybe it was too close to the end of the salmon run. There were a number of bald eagles, looking for salmon buffet. Today there was a story about the Gold stream river glowing like a toxic soup. I was upset that some one would put something in the water to change the ecosystem. They report that the water is not toxic...mmm...but it's fluorescein.


Fact: Sheep are able to recognize other sheep in pictures!

Chimps are our friends. How many of you wanted a pet monkey when you were young? I have to admit I think I thought of it too! I would have dressed it up and brought it to school. Not like MJ who actually got one! They do have 96% of our genes...they are our people!

Things that make you go....mmm......


No comments:

Post a Comment